Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Before The Fall--After The Fall

Alls I know that before the fall I was doing well. Well, that is except for my right shoulder and my torn rotator cuff. Which is soon to be mended. Like tomorrow that is. I have the first surgery for the day with my orthopedic surgeon.


My knee implant was healing fine. It was in it's right position. The tissues were filling in around the implant as they were supposed to be doing. My knee was getting stronger--I could feel the strength coming back into it. I was beginning to feel like it was sorta a normal knee--that is if an artificial knee can feel normal. Maybe an artificial knee feeling normal is a misnomer. But then I don't know because I'm only human & I don't know everything. (That's not my knee x-ray pict, just a pict of a knee implant.)

I was beginning to do a bit more in my house as far as organizing. As you know, I was stymied as to organizing my house. I was tired of trying to organize when I didn't think I knew how. But then I don't think I know how to do much of anything. So finally I hired a professional organizer. Forrest is his  name. He came to be with me last March 2009. We went through my whole house & identified the spaces & what I thought they're use was for. For certain, the only thing I knew was my bedroom & the bed. I sleep there! In fact if it were a bit bigger room I could just live in there.

Maybe it's true that I should just own a long house like the old Indians used to build. That way I could just partition off the various spaces in the long house as designated areas. But then, what do I know of long houses. I've never been in one, never seen one, except in a picture, and don't know anyone who has ever lived in one. So, this is only my conception of a long house.

Anyways, Forrest & I have been re-organizing my house. I now have a sewing room, a guest bedroom, guest bathroom, an office space off my living room, my designated living area, my kitchen & laundry area, my mistress bedroom & bath.

It's good to have designated spaces & the stuff, yes I said stuff, that belongs in that area. It's hard for me to have stuff because I want to see all of it & for me that means stuff need to be out in the open sitting around. But for Forrest, having stuff means it's put away in it's designated space & if it's contained stuff, it's labeled in its container. I guess I've learned to put most & I say most of my stuff away. I will never have a Martha Stewart home, I'm not made that way. I like stuff & as I said I want to see my stuff so I still have stuff out, although it's more or less in its designated area. Except for my filing. I have papers to file that are out, it's just because I'm lazy that they are out.

Now are we stuffed after that last paragraph. I know I've stuffed that paragraph with more stuff than I think I own. But we'll see.

But maybe now that I'm having surgery, tomorrow, while I'm healing I can file papers away. I'm sure I can do that one handed, especially with my left hand. I'm not as ambidextrous as I would like.

I have a ride to the hospital. A volunteer from Eccho is coming to pick me up at 5:45 am. She even volunteered to call me to make sure I'm up & ready to go. Now that is above and beyond the call of giving me a ride to the hospital. I don't know if I'm staying over night yet--I won't know until after I see the doc before surgery. I have to make sure he's not cutting into my flesh where my tattoo of my Welsh Dragon is located. I'm sure everything will be okay & my tattoo will be saved. If not, I'll have to take another trip to Wales and get another one.

I have meals on wheels delivering me meals. I'll call them after I get back & increase the number of meals being delivered. She asked if I wanted 2 meals delivered a day, but I only opted for one. I didn't know what I was going to get or if I would like the taste of them (picky, picky, picky). I tried Chicken Fried Steak today & it was good.





So, this is--After The Fall



(BTW--that's the side of my foot over there in the pict on the left--I was reading my blog & I said to myself, "What in the heck is that pict of over there? So I thought I'd add a note here just in case you were as confused as I was.)

I'm hobbling around here. My body is sore all over from falling on the floor in front of my love seat. I have a big owie on my forehead. A bruise on my right upper arm. My left knee developed a light bruise overnight. As you can see above I'm pretty banged up. My left big toe is swollen & purple & all the other colors that are considered bruise colors.

After I had my x-rays taken of my knee & I got to see the doc, there were no fractures, cracks, or splintering of the bones & the knee implant was still where it was supposed to be. My knee cap is still in place & it too is fine, no fractures or any thing.

The doc tested my leg. He made me hold it straight out. I was able to do that. Pass one test. Then he made me flex it to test the the bend again. Yeah, pass test two. Doc is very pleased. Then he pushes against the front leg and makes me resist the push. Hooray, pass test three. Then he pushes against the side of my leg and makes me resist telling me to show him how strong my leg is. Yeah, I can resist the pushing--I pass test four. Hip hip hooray!!! My knee is okay!!!

I was sent back up to x-ray so they could x-ray my left big toe. I talked to the nurse today & yeah, there's no break anywhere. The doc looked & looked at all the x-rays they took & everything is okay. It's only badly bruised & swollen. I can continue to wear the boot they put on my foot if it's more comfortable than my shoe. That's if I can get my foot into my shoe, I couldn't yesterday so I may be wearing the boot in the morning. I went mis-shoed to the doc's office. One shoe on, one shoe off, deedle deedle dumpling my son John. Maybe it should be, one shoe on, one shoe off, deedle deedle dumpling my daughter Fostine.

Well that's enough for now. I'm showered, hair washed, clean sheets on the bed, clean pillow cases. Clothes laid out, stuff to take with me in the morning on the couch.

I'm off to bed. Good night my kitties, my luvs, my peeps.

      Glory-oksie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

No comments:

Post a Comment