Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sewn' In The Past

Shucky darn, not sewn' today, but probablysewn' many many months ago. Maybe even years ago.

I'm currently not sewing, but keeping my right injured shoulder fairly still. I'm doing little things that won't overwork it.

I have sewed many things in the past; but as to finished, bound, quilted quilts--naught, none, Nada! I have finished small items; coasters, water bottle carriers, pin cushions, placemats, table mats, potholders, banners, table runners, wall hangings & gift bags.

Some were done as challenges, some were done in classes, some were done just because I saw someone else had made one & I was greedy & I wanted one.

All-in-all everything I've finished has lead me to better quality sewing. Yes, I'm a fanatic, I'm a purest--I like to work with 100% cotton, & I'm a perfectionist!!! I have sewed seams & decided that they did not match--ripped them out until I thought I wore the fabric out--but I was finally satisfied with my sewing. I hate sewing crooked seams, blocks that don't match, points that get lost in the seams, & blocks that I make that go crooked. And by golly I don't even live in a crooked house, or have a crooked dog, or maybe I'm the one that's crooked & that's why things I sew go crooked!!!

Sew my kitties, my luvs, my peeps, we must sew on...

      --Glory-oskie Zero I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

No comments:

Post a Comment