Sunday, August 15, 2010

Don't Get Between Me & My iPod!

Why didn't someone clue me in before. Sure I 've heard of iPods. People are going around with ear plugs stuffed in their ears--blasting out their ear drums.

What I didn't know was all the stuff (& YES I SAID STUFF) they could do. Music, videos, books, pod casts, movies, did I forget anything. If I did, it wasn't intentional.

Well I'm slowly coming into the 21st century. Wait, wait, are we in the 21st century? I may behind here, too. I've been living in the dark, dank, cave for the last many, many years. I'm not sure where we're at.

Music!!! Thank my sister Betty for introducing me to the group Celtic Thunder. OH NO!!! Not Celtic Thunder again!!! Ye gads, do I have to skip reading this post too? Well I guess that's your decision. But if I was standing behind your computer chair, I would bring out my duct tape & strap you into your chair & make you keep reading. If you're not nice, I'll insert a Celtic Thunder Video here, too, so there & I'll make sure you watch it!!! But if you'd like I could insert a Lady Gaga video in here, just to show you that I do indeed have other vids downloaded. Of course, it wouldn't be as wholesome as my CT Vids. Maybe though, just maybe you might enjoy it more--I don't know what you'd like. Leave me a comment if you wish. I don't want to turn this into an "R" rated blog now.

Now like I was saying before the gentle reprimand above--music & Celtic Thunder. It's exactly that, Celtic Thunder brought music back into my life; they brought joy, they brought happiness, they brought movement to my body & they brought excitement. Plus they're not hard to look at. Well, my doctor is very happy they're part of my life because they got me off my couch & up & moving my body. Swaying to the music, moving my arms (oops, maybe just a bit too much moving of the arms--torn rotator cuff), moving my legs trying to dance or bounce around, singing in my out of tune voice along with them & falling in love with them & falling in love with life again.
Well, of course, I follow them on Twitter, Face Book, My Space, and wherever else they post. I watch YouTube so I can see their videos & the videos made from the PBS stations & wherever else they promote their shows & concerts. One interviewer, at the end of the promo asked each of the lads to tell the audience what they were listening to on their iPod. Very interesting.

NOW do you see where we're going? I'm glad you do, because now I'm just plain confused. Oh wait, I get it. They have iPods. Wait, wait, maybe I should have an iPod. Well it took me several months of blithering back & forth. How much do they cost? Where in the blazes do you even go to buy and iPod? Can I afford an iPod? Oh phooey, just stop buying fabric & quilting supplies for a while & get myself an iPod.

I checked out the iPods on amazon.com & really got confused. Looking at all the varieties, makes, models, sizes, shapes & trying to decipher all the techno data. Okay, I put it on hold again for probably another 3 weeks. Too much stuff swirling around in my head and none of it making any sense.

Okay, I was in Wal-mart in Sequim one day. Yes, I wandered into the computer/technical section. Then a nice, young man came along & asked me if I needed help. Well, what I asked wasn't about iPods at first, but I got there. Then I was drooling, half running behind him to the locked case. He tried his best to explain everything to me. I was still apprehensive, but we picked one out. An iPod/Nano with 8 GB. We decided 8 GB was enough for me at this time. They didn't have one in pink at this time so I purchased the purple one. Yes, I bought it for it's colour.

Now I have 62 videos and 515 songs on it. And yes, there's Celtic Thunder on it among other music & videos!!!

But I tell you this, "DON"t GET BETWEEN ME & MY iPOD." How I ever lived without this little purple rectangle is beyond me. I had it for about 3 weeks, I couldn't even get it out of the packaging. Thank goodness my computer repair person Cynthia got it out & set it up for me, then my friend Melissa showed me how to load my Cd's on to it. Now there's no stopping me now.

I've downloaded videos with Real player from YouTube. I've learned how to convert them to play on my iPod. I've learned how to synchronize them from my computer onto my iPod. I'm really surprised at the clarity of downloaded videos. I've seen things in the downloaded video on my iPod that I didn't notice before. I can also hear all the beautiful instrumental accompaniments & the singer together really, really well. I don't know how to explain that, but that's the best I can write at this time. I really enjoy watching the videos on my iPod. And yes, there's Celtic Thunder videos plus other videos I've downloaded, i.e. Lady Gaga, Dean Martin, Michael BublĂ©, New York Yankee videos, and others. Yes, I'm coming into my own in this current century. Slowly but surely--not too fast, but fast enough.

This is my piggy bank after buying my iPod, but it's sure been worth it, at least that's my opinion, & I'm sticking to it!!!

Well my kitties, my luvs, my peeps, I'm sitting here typing this blog & listening to music, BLASTING OUT MY EAR DRUMS on my iPod--& I'm going to press publish this post. Take care now & behave yourselves.

     --Glory-oskie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and love it! You sound like a kindred spirit! I'm a big Celtic Thunder fan, too, and also got into MySpace, Facebook and Twitter because of them. I'm still laughing about your iPod shopping. I STILL haven't bought an iPod because I have no clue what kind to get or how to load music onto it. Anyway, I'm really enjoying your blog ... keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete