Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Puyallup Tribe Elders Building

Below is a short video, taken by Riley, a friend of my Nephew Mike. Riley took this video last Friday, August 20, 2010, when we went to the Puyallup Tribe Elders Dinner.

I understand from my Nephew Don, that his mom OR my sister Alice helped to design this building. Inside downstairs you'll find the entry way, of course; a craft room, an education class room, the library which also contains some computers & TV which can be used to show movies, the main luncheon room, a small sitting room, another room which has a usable gas-fire place, which they had burning, a stairway to upstairs & the elevator to upstairs, off the main floor there's an outdoor patio with gardens & a water fall which ends into a small pool. Upstairs there's the gym with many machines to work out on & a physical therapist, the sauna, the small swimming pool, (I can't remember if there was anything else, but I think that's it.)

Inside there are many places that hold Puyallup Tribe Art Work inside glass display holders. The walls are also have tribal artwork displayed.

All in all, it was a pleasurable trip to our Puyallup Tribe Headquarters to see the new building. My Nephew Don arranged with the Elders Building Director to have our cousin Tommy, drive here to Port Hadlock & Port Townsend to pick us up. How he was able to arrange that, I really don't know, but I was very happy to go & enjoy the day with friends & relatives. We had a very nice luncheon, green salad, white rice, potato salad, macaroni salad, jello salad, meatballs in a brown sauce, beef & pork ribs, grilled chicken; plenty of desserts, pineapple upside down cake, chocolate cake, an Italian ice cream, fresh fruit salad, and other desserts I did not see since I let my Nephew Mike fix me a plate or two for me. My sister Betty said the chocolate cake was delicious. We had coffee, a variety of soda pops, water, & a variety of teas to drink.

Well my kitties my luvs, my peeps, I hope you have enjoyed seeing the new Puyallup Tribe Elders Building, curtsy of Riley. I'm going to see if there's anything in my refrigerator that looks good enough to eat.

     --Glory-oskie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

No comments:

Post a Comment