Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Celtic Thunder Editorial

...am I turning into a protective mother hen?

Sharon Browne, Creator and Producer of Celtic Thunder has the fans in an uproar. Apparently she published an ad for open auditions for Celtic Thunder to hire 5 more gentlemen. (Notice I wrote gentlemen not lads.)

What? Huh? Now what's going on Sharon?
The fans have been ranting, feeling resentful, infuriated, maddened, nettled, choleric & vexed at this posting. Some fans are asking, she's not replacing our original lads is she? You'll not make a fake Celtic Thunder group to tour Europe Netherlands, & Australia will you? You'll not hire another 14 year old to lip-sync Damo's songs on a European tour will you? Fans tell her she's the only one they've heard of that sells tickets to shows so far in advance. Fans are worried that the advance tickets they hold now might not turn out to be with the Original Celtic Thunder group or will they have to see a Fake CT group. If its not the original lads they wonder if they can get their money back.

One thing Sharon did say according to a fan's posting that the new five gentlemen would be considered replacements in case one of the lads was too sick to appear in a concert or if one of the lads had a private engagement & was not available to appear at the concert. The fans are still relentless that, that isn't necessary. Why on earth then when one of the lads was sick & didn't perform did she have Neil Byrne, from the band, introduced as the 6th Celtic Thunder lad when he performed that night. Now isn't that Neil's role now--to take over if one of the lads is sick & can't perform that night? Fans want clarification of Neil's role in Celtic Thunder. (It's my opinion, and only my opinion that Neil is the 6th CT Lad, and needs to get to perform MORE.)

As for the lads having outside engagements, the fans pointed out that she has the lads under a 7 year contract which says all the lads' concert appearance come first. Then and only then may the lads engage in solo performance else where. Fans also point out there have been many many other singing groups that have toured all over the world that did not engage backup performers. Also many members of those groups have been married, had to be away from their families, incurred emergencies & still successfully toured for many years with out engaging backup singers. Why then does she think CT needs 5 new gentlemen for backups?

Doesn't Sharon think that fans in Europe, the Netherlands, & Australia know that Damien is not 14 years old any more. Through the Internet, YouTube, the DVDs fans all over in many countries have seen that he's grown up. Fans are emailing Sharon--leave things alone we only want to see the Original Group.

Fans have crammed Sharon's blog in replies that if she's promised the lads she would book tours for them to include Europe, Netherlands, & Australia then she should honour the lads by taking them and not sending some fake CT group. Fan's are ruthless that if she hires 5 new gentlemen, don't call them Celtic Thunder. There is only one true CT Group, Damien, Keith, Paul, Ryan, George & now Neil. Let it be Sharon--honour your promises to the lads, they've performed their hearts out for you, they've kept to their contract, now you keep true to them--outraged fans have spoken out.

Fans know that it's been you Sharon that made them blog, made them register on face book, made them share their lives on Twitter to keep them in the spot light when they're not touring. Fans thank the lads for being so cooperative in sharing their lives with us.

Personally now, when I found the lads were on Twitter, I signed in got an account only so I could follow the lads' tweets. I feel privileged to be a part of their lives that they choose to share. I know that no one wants to read about my boring life as I tweet about my left-over short rib sandwich, or that I'm home from physical therapy, or my doc demands an MRI on my right shoulder. Who in the hell cares about my dull life? But then again I am digressing.

My own opinion of all this melee is--Sharon, I don't want a new fake CT group. I don't want to see replacements at a concert if one of the lads is sick--you have Neil, he can stand in for any of the lads. I support only the original Celtic Thunder lads, Damien, Keith, Paul, Ryan, George & Neil!!!

Sharon Browne you are bringing out the mother hen syndrome in me. I feel very protective of MY LADS. Yes I said my lads since I've seen them on TV & follow their blogs & tweets. Have you ever seen a mother hen with her baby chicks? When she senses danger she cluck-clucks in a manner that the babies have learned to run home to mama. She spreads her wings and tucks her babies gently under her. Sharon I'm feeling very much like a mother hen and I am cluck-clucking to gather the lads under my protective wings to champion them through all this commotion, melee, tussle, row, fracas, brouhaha. So there Sharon Browne!!!

Well my kitties, my luvs, my peeps, I guess I've made my feeling known here but I have some other things to do now so I'm off once again...

    --Glory-oskie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

No comments:

Post a Comment