Saturday, May 22, 2010

Celtic Thunder




Celtic Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/23/nv6xrTh--7o
(Doesn't Ryan Kelly--the one on the far right--sit so well on the wall in that video?)

Celtic Thunder--is simply put maahvelous!!! They are 6 talented lads ranging now from 17 to 42, from Ireland and Scotland. They are handsome, musically talented, handsome, have the best singing voices I've heard in ages, handsome, all 6 lads have different singing styles, handsome, all 6 lads from different backgrounds, brought together to form Celtic Thunder. By the way did I mention at all that all 6 lads are handsome?
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/10/djjbBbkgNPw
(Aren't my lads soooo handsome in their kilts? Swirl those kilts, swirl those kilts lads. Thank you lads for your marvelous voices & performance. Oh! oh, I just have to share this juicy piece of gossip--one time at a live performance the lads were performing this number--well sometimes they'll change positions, walking behind & around each other--WELL Damien's kilt accidentally got caught & up it went in back!!! I guess the audience got a good look at his behind because his face turned red & he kept one hand on the back of his kilt for the rest of that performance. Accidents happen Damien. Now that's the rumor as I heard it!)

My sister Betty introduced me to the lads last year. She called me before they were to come on our local PBS station that night. Just another teaser, the link below will let you see Paul perform.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/25/MMTbSTLFL1Y
(Oh, by the way one time when Paul and Ryan were performing live, they were doing "That's a Woman". Zara, the woman they were singing to, came dancing towards Paul & her BIG FOOT came right down on his toes. Paul said there was nothing he could do--it hurt so much--but all he could do is keep performing--he also hoped the audience would think the tears in his eyes were because he liked the woman so much. Now that's the way I heard the story anyways) This is a video of "That's a Woman".
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/43/hnQScdw24yg
(Did you notice the long jacket Ryan was wearing, doesn't he look just hunky?)

She said, "I don't know what kind of music you like to listen to these days, but on PBS tonight there's this singing group called Celtic Thunder. You might want to check them out."
Well I checked them out all right & I've been checking them out ever since.
My lads names are Damien McGinty, 17; Keith Harkin, 22; Paul Byron, 30; Ryan Kelly, 31; George Donaldson, 42, & now Neil Byrne, 30. By the way George is the only Scottish lad in the group, all the other lads are Irish. The group of lads all agree that Damien is the heart throb of the group.

Of course I have a favorite--It was soooo hard to choose just one. It took me a long time to choose too, because each time one of the lads did a solo I said, "he's my favorite!" Then another would do a solo--then I'd say the same thing about him. Finally one time I was watching them & I found myself wondering when Ryan was due up for a solo & I knew who my favorite lad was right there & then!!!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/47/ImqDByVOyK0
(It looks like Ryan is wearing a cummerbund in that appearance. Now doesn't he come across so sexy in that outfit?)
Ryan Kelly my favorite Celtic Thunder lad, yes, if I had the chance to go to a live concert I would like to do the meet & greet & say, "Hello my friend you're my favorite." He's also been deemed the bad boy of the group, aka, The Dark Destroyer.


I discovered this year they blog, they are on face book, they are on YouTube, & they tweet. Of course, I had to register on face book to get to follow them there. I had to log on to Twitter & learn how to tweet to follow my lads. But it's all been worth it, I love the tweets the lads post, it's like being part of their daily life. I'm always amazed with Paul's tweets because I love his writing style (and that's another reason I love to read his blog). It was fun to know George was in his pj's & wanted to know if they were considered gym clothes. It was great to know George was going to run 8 miles but got too tired so he drove his car 11 miles & came back feeling better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVpN6zIcSrE&feature=related
(Boy oh boy, that big, hunky Scotsman doesn't have to work underground if he comes to my town.)
I was happy when Keith posted he had Nada to say to day--which makes him human like me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheThunderTube#p/c/215E8D887433BCEC/4/r3ZmSZ8yOW8
(Keith has so much going for him, his car & truck, his music, his travels, his surfing, it seems like to me he wouldn't run out of things to say. He got stranded in Morocco one time & that's where he learned to eat olives. That colour shirt Keith wears in that Video went very well his skin tone & he looks very handsome in it. Did you know Keith owns 19 guitars? Well that's the gossip on Keith I've been hearing.)
When Damo tweets he makes me tired with his youthful energy.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/54/4vjwIDelIWg
(This video was from about a year ago--now compare it to the one below.)
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/21/W8JeK-1A9io
(This one is from 9 months ago. Hasn't Damo matured so much. Oh more rumors--did you know that he's a bad influence on Paul. Damo went to Victoria Secrets with Paul--he says Damo's jaw may permanently be around his ankles. Then for lunch he took Paul to Hooter's. Paul swears he did not encourage this behaviour. Damo was also purported to have brought his fake ID to New York when they were there last year. Damo also rang up Paul just after the crack of dawn on his (Paul's) birthday & sang happy birthday to him then said sorry man but I'm going to have to charge you for that greeting--at least that's the rumors I've been hearing!!!)

Neil's tweets are "sweet tweets". I love how he keeps us up to date with the new music he's writing or his newly recorded songs, or where & with what band he might be performing with. Oh by the way that's Neil over there in his kilt!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/5/QO6t2-S-rGo
(Well by gosh, you don't get to see Neil perform, but that's his voice. Isn't his rendition just glorious & make you want to believe again when you're out looking up into the night skies & you wish upon a star?)  Ryan, aaahhh, Ryan, my hero!!! Somehow to me he seems to hold all the tweets together--now that's just my opinion. But if I could only follow one lad on Twitter, it would be Ryan.

I guess that's enough of my introduction to Celtic Thunder. If you want to more about them, go to their website & check them out for your self.

http://cms.celticthunder.ie/

Or if you would like to check them out on YouTube & catch their videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#g/u

All right I admit it!!! you caught me!!! Yes, I have a big crush on Ryan Kelly. Now aren't old grannies allowed to admire handsome men? Aren't old ladies allowed to faint, to swoon, to be down right be flabbergasted over such a grreaat looking man? Well this grannies going to drool all I want because it ain't hurtin' nothin'--so there!!! Okay, yeah I really swoon when Ryan sings. I thought that was all malarkey about women swooning when men sang--but it really happens. Well at least it happened to me. I guess when I discovered he was my favorite lad & he started to sing, he opened that beautiful mouth & out came this sexy voice & I just gave it up and swooned--in fact I think even my toes curled up. OOPS IS THAT GOING TOO FAR?--take that image out of your mind. Forget that I said that--maybe I shouldn't have written that. But glory-oskie Zero when Ryan comes on stage I get all discombobulated. It's not just his voice I find sexy it's his whole appearance, his stage presence, his demeanor; PLUS he's easy on my eyes.
Now this is just my opinion--you're allowed your own opinion--even if you disagree with me (growling coming out of my mouth, eyes squinting, where's Clint Eastwood [you know--Dirty Harry] when you need him? What in the world are you thinking disagreeing with me? I'll sic my cat on you if you're disagreeing with me.) And when Ryan wears that long coat--what more can I say--I just find him a hunk in that coat. I wish he would wear it more, but then I don't want to wear out a good thing now do I? Glory-oskie Zero--Nuff said on the subject--I don't want you to think that I'm a dirty old lady!!!

Check your local PBS stations to see if they will be performing in your area. "It's Entertainment" is their latest show--and what a show it is!!! Oh this is one of my favorite videos in it" Neil (now you'll get to see him perform), Ryan & Keith. Hit the link, wait, wait, get yourself something to drink, a soda, water, coffee, a cuppa tea, whatever your beverage of choice is--go get it and then come back & hit the link.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheThunderTube#p/u/8/GE26oQcFTF0

(Wow!!! Those are my 3 favorite CT Lads performing all in one video. I just love Neil's goatee & his earring--I keep trying to see if both his eyebrows are pierced but I can't get a close up to really see his face. I love his hair-do too--what is it a modified hawk? And Keith, I love his blond hair & that hair do of his is just fabulous--& OMG when he smiles, that dimple, wouldn't you just luv to [well, you better use your own imaginaton here]!!! I think if there wasn't a Ryan Kelly in the group--Neil would be my favorite. Sorry Ryan, [that was only an "if"] but you are in the group & you're still number one in my book!!! Or maybe it's just because in the pict of Neil he has no shirt on. Oh by the way, here's a pict of Keith with no shirt on. Hey, Keith posted a pict of Ryan with no shirt on when they were in Flordia! Just look at my three faves with no shirts on...Oops don't want to be considered a dirty old lady here.)
I said, I'm not a dirty old lady!!!

Okay my kitties, my luvs, now I have to leave you with just one more video:
You can see from these videos each lad has his own singing style. YET their voices blend together so well when they do perform together. Now I'm sure you will be looking for these lads on PBS after this short intro. If you aren't
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

Now my kitties, my luvs, my peeps, I must find something for my dinner...

       --Glory-oskie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow luv Fostine.

1 comment:

  1. I want to let you know that my friends are absolutely OBSESSED with Celtic Thunder! So, is currently 2 in the morning, we are a bit loopy, and we found this blog and we LOVED it! We laughed so hard at your crush on Ryan. My friend and I love Damian and Keith, respectively, and have just spent hours and months listening to them and watching videos on youtube. We plan to go see a concert in November and we cannot wait! I loved when they did Hallelujah and I always giggle when Keith sings about cutting hair since he has the longest hair of the group. However, my favorite song is The Island and my friend's is Take Me Home. So yeah I've rambled on for some time now so I'm going to stop now. Hope I've started you on a crazy CT kick :)

    ReplyDelete