Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Out For The Season

Okay, here we go. I went to see my orthopedic surgeon to get the results of my MRI today. I had a 10:45 am appt. By 11:30 am he makes it into my exam room.

He shows me two printed out pages from the MRI technician. Hrmmph, why they aren't even in color. Black & white print outs, somebody better update their printers--I'm paying enough to merit color. I want color!!! What? Is he talking to me--oh no he's pointing to the print out of my shoulder. Has he been talking to me all this time? Listen Fostine, right there, there's a tear in your rotator cuff. Nooooooo!!! Nooooooo!!! I said I only wanted good results from the MRI Technician. Now there are two things we can do, first nothing. Nothing? Why would I do nothing? We could do nothing & hope the pain will eventually go away. Yeah sure, the pain is NOT in your shoulder. I think not, this pain is in my shoulder & it's not going away. Who do you think I am? I wasn't born yesterday. Second, I can go in there & do repair surgery to your rotator cuff. Scrape & clean it out & take care of any bone spurs that might have developed, too.

Well, believe me, I'm not going home to see if this pain miraculously stops. Just schedule me for surgery. Let's see Fostine how long has it been now since your knee surgery? Why do I have to remember everything? I'm sure it's right there in my file. Answer the man Fostine; seven and one half months. That's good. Then he walks me over to the picture of the shoulder hanging on the wall, he begins to describe the method he will be using for my surgery. He said some surgeons will do laparoscopic surgery, but he prefers to make a small incision here, get his finger inside my shoulder & manipulate the innards until he finds the area he wants to repair, do the scraping & then get out of there. It's considered day-surgery since you are just in-and-out; and because it doesn't take that long. But he'll see if my insurance will pay to let me stay overnight since he know I'm a wimp. But this time I'll take my allergy pills with me to the hospital (that's another story from my major surgery).

He says his nurse will be right in with an order for blood work & an EKG. Then his office manager will be calling me in a few days with the scheduled surgery date. Well that's the same thing that happened to me when I said okay to knee surgery. I got showed the picture of the knee, explanation of the surgery, blood work & EKG paper work. The next thing I knew I was in the hospital & they were prying my earrings from my ears, wheeling me into the OR & that's all she wrote.

I guess here in the long haul, as my nephew Mike would say, I'm out for the season. Repairing a torn rotator cuff when you're a base ball player is not good news. But I'll tell you I told those blasted people where I got my MRI done, I only wanted good news. This to me is not good news. Surgery no matter how quick is not good news. I'm off to twitter & to face book so I can make a quick remark there. Then I'll get into my PJ's & have a good cry.

Good night my kitties, my luvs, my peeps.


         --Glory-oskie Zero, I wish today were tomorrow, luv Fostine.

No comments:

Post a Comment